Looking to buy Range Rover

I'm looking for a diesel Range Rover. Could be a classic or the 'Mk 2' type. Have a budget up to £5,000. There's loads advertised in autotrader.co.uk so I've a pretty good idea about what passes for value these days and values certainly what I'm looking for. For that money I expect a tidy example without stupidly high mileage, serious issues or an abused interior. If anyone has something suitable for sale please do let me know.

John Lubran

Reply to
Moving Vision

As you are looking for a diesel, I'd have a look at a VM Classic. The VM has a totally underserved bad reputation, and very low milage "mint" eaxmples are around that will give you quite a lot of change out of £5000 - but make sure the engine has not been messed about with - the VM's bad name is alomst totally down to people who don't know what they are doing working on them (e.g. only changing on head gasket instead of all 4 etc).

Just a thought.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In article , beamendsltd writes

Thanks Richard, I used to sell fishing boats with VM engines. They are in fact Hispano Suiza built and generally a high quality manufacturer. Nevertheless I'd still prefer a Tdi or later.

Reply to
Moving Vision

On or around Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:55:15 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

and not following the correct procedure when torqueing the heads down...

Reply to
Austin Shackles