Newbie looking for first steps in right direction

I've bought a lot of BMW suspension parts from FCP Groton. Very easy to work with and inexpensive. They do not sell Lempforder (OEM, the best) but at least they do sell german parts (Hamburg-something, forget the actual brand) and not the asian ones you see else where.

Reply to
Fred W

Knowing where to buy parts became 3/4s the battle for me and my Volvos. FCP is my #1, then there is IPDUSA and VLVworld.com

Once you join a group like this and people share where to buy parts, life becomes much more enjoyable. LOL Nick Bauer at FCP is really helpful. I am sure ya'll will help me find parts sources when the time comes and I hope to offer whatever I can in return.

jb

Reply to
JamieB

Recommend staying away from any BMW with the 3.0L V-8. Most were 530's I believe and circa mid 90's but not positive. 3.0L sixes are fine.

Bingo! 92 E34/M50 with 117,000 mi and those are *exactly* the things I've encountered. Not a problem car by any means and still has the original clutch. I did the water pump around 95K. The drivers door I had a body shop weld and interior support plate for the limiter, or whatever that thing is called. I was told last service to expect needing some front suspension bushing replacements on next service. I consider this sort of stuff maintenance and somewhat expected.

I'd appreciate it if you can point me to the door kits you refer to. Thanks.

Depressingly, Kelley Blue Book says private seller price for my car would be $4,945. I'd need twice that to even consider selling it.

A few site for you...

For a real live parts book

Forum resource

5 series Website great for info and repairs stuff

Nate

Reply to
N Williamson

book

=0

Very many thanks Nate. GREAT information!

Best, Jamie

Reply to
JamieB

They're pretty predictable..

Brett Anderson made these up.. lemme Google it..

There'ya go. Might be worth doing this even if it's been welded up. The metal didn't get any stronger.

I think twice that is unrealistic (although that might be the value you put on it..) Twice that puts you into a nice older E39 - which as good as the E34 is - is a whole bunch better car - probably the best car BMW ever made (and noted as the "best car ever tested" by Consumer's Reports for whatever that's worth...)

Reply to
admin

Thank you.

I agree it's unrealistic but that's what I'd want to have. Aside from an odd love feeling I have for the car, there's a lot of sentimental value to it which translates into nothing $$$-wise to anyone but me.

Thanks for the info.

Nate

Reply to
N Williamson