E30 Chrome Trim Removal

How does the chrome trim underneath the windows come off? I know how to remove the top trim across the drip edge, just need to know how the two pieces (one on the door and the other underneath the pop out window) come off. Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Psycho

In my Bentley manual it shows removing what it calls the 'outer window channel seal' by driving a wooden wedge up under the lower edge from below. Included is a warning not to damage the paint.

Also it says on convertible models to remove the trim at the ends of the seal by prying out the rivets. It shows a picture of a plate mounted to the edge of the door held on by pop rivets.

Reply to
Jack

Reply to
Psycho