Pulling out the spare tire: stupid, stupid... STUPID!

Yes, Corey....there is....in a book.

Yes, Corey, we do. And to that end saintor hasn't said another word, Mr. Hound stuck his head in the sand and my last comment on mags was 2 days ago.

Yes Corey I have heard that, but only from people who should get their hearts in the right place.

Reply to
Ross Garrett

Then don't. He's wrong.

For the ignorant unwahsed masses, it is. So is (cringing:) "rims". However, any educated person even half-seriously involved with autos will use the much more correct term, "alloy wheels". Ebay that, Saintor!

Originally, there *were* some magnesium alloy wheels used in racing and occasionally on the street. Unfortunately, IIRC, they were on the brittle side, didn't tolerate much abuse, and could actually *burn*, once ignited. Calling aftermarket chromed alloy wheels "mags" leads one to expect to hear a full sentence along the lines of: "Hey, man; BOSS MAGS!" I ought to know. I said it ... but not after 1967.

-- C.R. Krieger (old enough to know better)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Hey, I resemble that... nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Oh no, not a Cringing Krieger!! (note correct spelling)

Right on, man! Power to the people.

Hey, I never said I *like* the "mag" term, or even that I would use it myself, just that it is/was a term. It was not just for magnesium wheels either. Those silly chrome plated Cragars were called "mags".

But it's wrong. It's very wrong. I was wrong. I'll never say it again. I'll especially never, ever stick up for a newsgroup pest again. I *promise*!!

Now, can we please move along to something a touch more important. Like the declining passion in the backseat of european autos or something...

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

he should have bought a volvo.... they are made for the people who are clueless.

Reply to
Sharkman540i