Seat belt pre tensioners E30

I have the seat belt warning light on with my 95 e30. Garage has said it is the wiring loom 'probably'. Anybody care to clarify this as it seems a bit odd. Cannot find anything on web searches though: would have expected that the wiring would be simple 2 wires to the seat pad and two to the pre tensioners. Do pre tensioners indicate electrically if they have fired or are no good? I can do electrics if I know what to do. Alan.

Reply to
Alan Ainslie

Well, first off, you have an e3x but it certainly isn't an E30. Secondly, the seatbelt light is probably on due a a wiring fault or a bad switch. The seat belt circuit usually depends on a switch in the seat that tells the system someone is in the seat and a switch in the buckle that tells it the seat belt is engaged. Older vehicles just had a loop circuit that monitored the drivers seatbelt only (not the seat) as it's assumed there is someone in the drivers seat...

Unless they've d>I have the seat belt warning light on with my 95 e30. Garage has said

Reply to
Psycho