Tips for removing E30 exhaust?

Assuming you haven't damaged the head beyond a certain point an impact driver is a good way to go. By this I mean the old type you hit with a hammer rather than the modern cordless impact drills.

If it is too damaged just drill it out - the cross head gives a good centre for the drill. Only drill far enough to shear the head off, then remove the rest with a pair of grips.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not on EVERY car made. My old Lamborghini had SS pipes and so did my Dino but not from the factory.

If that were the case why do we still see muffler shops like Kwik-Fit here in the UK. I know they are diversifying into other areas like yearly tests and expanding the tyre (tire) side into alloy wheels but there is still a lot of cash to be made from exhausts in "cooking" cars.

Reply to
steve-caner