Trunk Light switch location

I have a BMW 323is and the trunk light stays on. We have to slam the trunk several times to get the light to go out and then we can lock the car w/remote.

If the trunk lid is up and I depress the trunk switch/plunger the light goes out and you can lock the car w/remote. If the trunk lid is near closed (less than 6 inches open) depressing the plunger has no effect. Like there is a second position switch somewhere that detects a slightly open lid.

Any thoughts on this or am I chasing a different problem.

Thanks

Sid..

Reply to
sid

Likely to be broken wiring in the trunk hinge area.

Brett Anderson KMS

Reply to
news.nls.net

Is that a simple circuit, I looked at the plunger/switch and it breaks the connection when the trunk is closed. I assumed this turned out the light. Does it do more ? Does it trigger some logic that turns out the light and reports the state of the trunk lid ?

Reply to
sid

On the doors, the switch is located inside the door latch. On my E36, the trunk latch has switches inside.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I don't know how it is on the 325. I just can describe the Z3 coupé, hoping that this will help you. The switch is located just below the latch, refer to the picture

small (~4mm) round nail heads like black clips can be visible throughthe clearance (see the arrow).For mounting, the switch slides into two key hole shaped slots. It isengaged by the inside.Nothing seems to clamp it. On my car, it happened to escape from the "keyholes". The contact was randomly established.It's rather easy to fix it, passing the hand between the black cable and thepanel. There's a specific position for the latch to allow the mounting. I can't remember if it needs to be open or closed.

"sid" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o38g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
frischmoutt

Reply to