1971 Barracuda Trunk Light

I'm restoring a 1971 Barracuda that I originally bought in pieces. Needless to say, after many months of sorting, cleaning and painting
parts, bolts, washers and screws, I'm to the point where I'm ready to start reassembly.
This car came with a light package which includes a steering column mounted light for the ignition key, ashtray light and trunk light. I found part of the rear harness for the trunk light, but I don't know if it's all there or where the switch mounts in the trunk. I cannot find the switch either.
Can someone help me with some pictures of this setup. Possibly of what the switch looks like, where it mounts in the trunk and a pic or two of the complete trunk light wiring harness that plugs into the body harness.
Many thanks if you can help!
David
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 30, 8:39 am, snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com wrote:

On those earlier cars, the trunk light switches were pretty simple. They were usually a single-pole "plunger" type switch.
If this is the setup, there is usually a mounting plate for the switch somewhere around the lip of the trunk opening. The switch threads into the plate, and will connect the socket wall of the lamp to ground when the switch "plunger" is out. The other side of the lamp is connected to a constant 12V source.
We had a 1966 Chrysler 300 with a trunk light, and it was setup this way. Our 1965 Dodge Coronet had a mounting place for the switch, but didn't have a lamp. Probably because it was a base model.
-KM
Add pictures here
✖
In article
snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com wrote:

The switch is a mercury switch that is integrated into the lamp assembly.
Add pictures here
✖
I don't see a mounting plate for the switch near the trunk lip like Kirk is talking about. However the mercury switch is a very distinct possibility because the lamp socket is a little different than the normal lamp sockets for backup lights and turn signals. I'll put an ohmmeter on it this weekend and check it out. Thanks guys for the suggestions.
David
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com wrote:

Yes, its a mercury switch and the socket looks bulkier than an ordinary light socket. I don't remember when Chryco switched from conventional plunger switches to mercury, but it was around 79-71 time frame. My '69 has a plunger, my '73 has mercury.
Add pictures here
✖