tuneup on 1987 bmw 325i

I want to do my own tune-up on my 1987 bmw325ic.. aside from changing the spark plugs what else do i need to do or to watch for...new to this sorry to be asking stupid questions....

Reply to
amado

Valve clearances, fuel filter, air filter, fuel mixture...

Reply to
Frank

These engines don't like a worn rotor arm / distributor cap, it'll cause a loss of high end power and bad mpg. Yet there's a good chance yours are original! Time for a new set.

A can of injector cleaner in the fuel is a good idea too.

Reply to
John Burns