Turn Signal Blink Rate Doubled

My left turn signal blink rate doubled (twice as fast) while my right turn signal rate remains unchanged. It's a stock 2001 530i .......ideas??

Thanks.

Kevin

Reply to
kevin.lavery

bulb blown..............

Reply to
A New Day

Ouch....that was too simple.....I'll know next time.....Thank you.

Reply to
kevin.lavery

Simple, but happened to me the first time after picking up my E46 from an authorized dealer. Not knowing, I called them and they suggested a bulb, which it was. Fixed myself but just bad timing since they had disconnected the battery for some of their other repairs and it seemed to be related on the drive home.

BTW, that was the easiest car to change bulbs in I've ever had! No tools necessary.

Reply to
KJ

Blown bulb LHS...

State test (country unspecified) - is it working? - yes; no; yes; no; yes ....

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

As others have pointed out, it's *usually* a burned-out bulb, but not necessarily; the fast blinking will also happen if there is a wiring defect (loose or disconnected wire, corroded electrical contact).

-- Phil Robyn

1987 E28 535is 1991 E34 M5 University of California, Berkeley
Reply to
Phil Robyn

I am assuming you have checked the bulbs and they are all ok. If you havent, its a good place to start.

Reply to
william Ako

your reply is almost as quick as the blinking..........

Reply to
A New Day

Turn the Right Side blinkers on and take inventory of what is flashing. Turn the Left Side blinkers on and compare the inventories. Make all lights on the left side that are not on on the right side come on.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland