What can a dealer change in the programming

I have a 2005 325i and I just had to have the windshield replaced due to a crack from a stone. When I drove it away from the glass shop, the door now locks automatically. It did not do this before, and I prefer it not to lock. I assume it did this because the wiring in the windshield for the rain sensor reset the system.

Is this something a dealership can change? How long will it take? What else can they adjust? Is it possible to do this myself? Robert

Reply to
Robert

"Robert" wrote

Key memory:

You can't DIY. Dealer usually charges, but the glass shop should re-imburse you IMO.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

"Robert" wrote

Dealer needs to hook it up to their computer and reprogram it. It takes 5 minutes, but I won't be surprised if some dealers will want to charge you

1/2 hour of labor for it.

I think daytime running lights can be enabled/disabled that way. They can change your odo display units betw. miles and kilometers and the language display of various warnings/alarms. There's probably a lot more that can be done, that I can't think of at the moment.

If you have a computer like the dealer has - sure.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Yes

Not very long

Lots and lots of settings.

Not unless you have the suitable programming tool.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Thank you for the info, I'll will keep it in mind for the future. The behavior of the lock went back to normal the next day on its own, so I did not have to do this now. Robert

Reply to
Robert

Different key perhaps?

Reply to