Where's the CD player wiring?

Hello!

I was looking through eBay listings trying to find a BMW-Alpine compatible 6 disk cd player and found several at reasonable prices. Apparently all one does is mount the bracket for the cd unit in the trunk and plug in the power and socket connectors.

So I open up my little 1998 hatchback 318ti and look for connectors and mount points (supposed to be right rear of trunk, yes?).

But the back of the trunk is the fold-down rear seats, the top of the trunk is the removable cargo lid, and there don't seem to be hidden compartments on the sides or floor.

The Alpine business car radio manual takes the cd set up for granted and merely describes how to use the player. The BMW owners manual is mum. And I am numb. Or maybe dumb.

Would someone open the answer envelope please?

Thanks,

Fritz Wagner

Columbus, Ohio

Reply to
Fritz Wagner

Maybe it is toward the front because it is a hatchback and rear is not a desirable location seeing that it needs to be mounted to somewhere!

Reply to
Mr. 6 2 U