mach 460 in-dash CD player adaptation to non-Mach sound system.

Hi guys,

Need some advice: I recently purchased an used Mach 460 CD (Single) Player including it's rear connector, and would like to connect it to my 95' Mustang OEM Radio-Cassette Player.

I was made to believe it would be relatively easy, just connecting one wire. Also, to keep things simple, I didn't want to add any extra amplifiers.

When I tried connecting the in-dash CD Player to the factory radio-cassette (via the included OEM wiring) two small connectors labeled "amp" are left disconnected, as does a third one ( 2 rows: 7 contacts above plus 4 below). Obviously, these have something to do with the two missing amplifiers, or the extra speakers found in the 460 system.

As it is, the CD player doesn't turn on, and the sound level of the radio-cassette has greatly decreased. I intend to disconnect everything tomorrow, and leave it as it was for the time being.

Do I have to obtain the factory amps, plus the wiring and new speakers, or is there a way to connect the In-Dash CD Player to the existing OEM Amp? I was satisfied with the kind of sound I had before, I just wanted to have the alternative to directly change a CD, instead of stopping and going to the trunk to place a new cd-carrier in the changer.

TIA

95' Mustang
Reply to
Iravedra

rear >connector,and would like to connect it to

Your problem is with the Mach 460 harness. What you need for a simple plug and play is a 94-98 "premium sound" harness, these were in the Mustang with the CD player but without Mach 460 system.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Thanks Tim,

This is the second time you help me with a 'Stang problem. Much obliged.

Actually, you seem to be the only one who has been able to provide -any- assistance on -both- occassions.

I have seen postings about the difficulty of finding the wiring connectors, so I was very happy when the one I got already had it. Is the one I need, the one those posts spoke about, the proverbial "golden chalice"?

Any idea where I can get one for a good price? Used (preferrably), or even new.

BTW, I can't find the OEM part number on my Part's list, nor in the Ford Service CD. Would you happen to know it?

I bought my wife this Mustang new some years ago, and she let it go to pot, but I grew attached to it. She now has a new car, and I'm fixing the Stang little by little, upgrading it whenever I can. I just got it painted Pony Red, and my wife liked it so much, she took it out for a spin, without me knowing about it.

That is, until I saw all the paint scraped away from the front bumper next day.

Well, most of the fun lies in fixing it, anyway...

Best Regards

M. L. Iravedra

Musttanguy wrote:

Reply to