1992 525i Touring MPG

Hi everyone. I noticed some recent posts about MPG and I am getting about

18.5 MPG city driving, thats with the A/C on a good deal of the time now since summer is here. Highway driving is better of course. The touring wagon is an auto with a recently rebuilt transmission, however it did sit for about year before I got it. It idles and runs smoothly, but I am wondering if I did a tuneup and replace the O2 sensor if I might get better gas mileage...it does have 154k on the odometer.

I was wondering what gas mileage other touring wagon owners were seeing. Thanks!

- Scott

Reply to
Scott

I'd say you were doing pretty well. Change the air filter and plugs if you feel like it, but 18+mpg is not too bad at all for city mileage.

JB

Reply to
JB

'City' driving depends entirely on the traffic level, and therefore the number of start stops and idling in traffic jams where it's less than 0 mpg. So impossible to say. But I'd be happy with 20 mpg UK as an average in London. I get nearer 15. ;-)

It's easier to check highway mileage where the traffic flow is constant.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)