Mach 460 CD Player '94 GT wiring harness

Is it reasonable to assume that my GT had the Mach 460 sound system as a factory option based on the following? Upper door speakers read Mach 460 and there is an amp behind the rear seat. As the CD player is not presently installed I am thinking that it either died and was removed and/or an aftermarket system was installed and later removed when the car was sold. The factory CD appears to be a stand alone unit which mounts below the radio/cassette player. I have purchased a Mach 460 CD player off ebay but it did not include the wiring harness. Does anyone here have the harness I need and is there anything else I'll need to get this combo to work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Richard

'94 GT. 'vert Under Drive Pulleys Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit High Stall Torque Converter

4:10 Gears Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded) Laser Red
Reply to
Richard

at 16 Feb 2004, Richard [ snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca] wrote in news:GYZXb.523705$X%5.102952@pd7tw2no:

What does the radio code say on your VCL? Check the site in my sig and go to the VCL/VIN decoder for more info...

Reply to
Paul

It sounds like it. I had a 95GT with premium sound, which was nothing more than a head unit (radio/casette) and a separate amp right below the headunit (not visible) It only had 4 speakers (2 in door, 2 in back) I think the next step up was the 460 system

Rein

After checking your site and assuming I am reading the codes correctly the radio code under the R is 6. You don't identify this value but rather codes

1 - 8 - 9 for the different options. Is there another radio combo being missed?

Thanks

Reply to
Richard

My Mach 460 has a pair of amps mounted behind the back seat. As far as I know, the pods in the door generally mean a mach system.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

at 17 Feb 2004, Richard [ snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca] wrote in news:yvhYb.534186$X%5.188827@pd7tw2no:

I don't have them all unfortunately. I was hoping yours was one I had so I could help you. I'm still trying to gather more info so I can complete the list...

Reply to
Paul

at 17 Feb 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:GGnYb.7233$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I wonder if I can use those tweeter pods with a 'normal' system by just hooking them up to the standard door speakers. But what kind of sound woudl I get that way. Are these pods adjustable in a Mach system? Liek volume wise? How are they connected? Anybody know?

Reply to
Paul