Z3 Wheels / tires

A few weeks ago I posted a request for information and opinions regarding wheel / tire upgrades for my 2002 Z3. I appreciate all the responses. This is a follow-up to that post. My stock tires were 225/50-16 on stock 16" BMW wheels. I was considering going to an 18" wheel / tire staggered setup but based on the responses decided against the 18". I worked with Gil at Tirerack and we came up with the following setup:

Tires

235/45-17 front Kumho Ecsta ASX 255/40-17 rears Kumho Ecsta ASX

Wheels

17x8 front Rial Nogaro 17X9 front Rial Nogaro

The freight arrived in 3 days in perfect condition. The fitment is perfect. The ride characteristics are not unlike the stock tires / wheels. I have not pushed it yet, so the cornering is still unknown. So far I cannot spin the back tires on acceleration like the stock tires. By the way, the car looks great!

I have to say the people at Tirerack are first rate! I have purchased tires before from Tirerack, but in this case I needed a little extra help to determine the best setup both technically and cosmetically.

Thanks,

Mark A. Heiliger

Reply to
<markheiliger

wrote

Their sales guys are good, but their fulfillment dept is another story... they screw up as much as all other guys. About 30% of what I order from them arrives unacceptable. Last time I ordered 5 rims, one of them arrived with a rusted lip - I guess they were hoping I wouldn't complain and just take it? And last time I ordered a set of tires (4), they sent me one that was in a different size than the other 3. Worse yet, their recommended installer put them on the car like that and sent me out the door. I only noticed it after I got up on the hwy and the car was pulling to the side. Good thing that was not my e39 but a company car.

The good thing about TR though is that their customer service takes good care of you whenever they do screw up.

Cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete