85 Cadilac Eldorado Water pump

I am haveing a problem removing the idler pully on the caddy. it is free wheeling (of course) with a hex key center. Is it right or left thread and how do you hold the pully from rotating...

Reply to
LJHolm

Appreciate "all" the help...... NOT ONE response. I figured out the solution and would be happy to pass on my knowledge if requested. I have worked on about every vehicle from 1945 til they started with this "environmentaly friendly" stuff. All it does is decrease gas mileage and eliminate the back yard mechanic. Welcome to the $95.00 p/hour garage.

Larry

Reply to
LJHolm

Sometimes it takes days to get to all the readers.

Don't water pumps come with the pulley on them? Thus eliminating the need to remove the pulley.

Serpentine belt?

Reply to
Don Schmidt