Power windows - 2001 DHS

Here's a mystery for you guys (and gals).

Our 2001 Deville DHS has developed an oddity. The door window, behind the driver's seat will not go up or down when the door is closed by operating either the switch on the driver's door or the rear passenger's door. Open the door and it works.

My thought is an open ground circuit and an alternate method of the open door, causing the interior lights to come on is also providing the circuit to ground for the power windows circuit.

So, where do I look for the problem and the cure?

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Check the wires going to the door at the door hinges, they break from opening and closing the door.

Reply to
Curtis

Thanks Curtis, I'll try your suggestion in the morning. It's getting past sundown here in the State of Wash.

Don

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Update on the power window problem.

I didn't have time to work on the wiring so took it to the local Cad Dealer and they diagnosed the problem as Curtis did, a broken wire near the door post. The Dealer estimated it would be +/- 3 hrs to fix, $270 and during the survey found a broken front motor mount, adding $545. Adding state tax it would be over $850! Sharing my dilemma with others in the waiting room a woman customer suggested I call Cadillac and I thought, it's a 2001 with less than 48000 miles, out of warrantee for about 6 weeks, the worse Cadillac would say is, "No". Well, after sharing my concern with the Service Room Rep and his subsequent call to Cadillac, they said "YES" my bill went to ZERO. Considering the dollars, Life is good. Judging the engineers at Cadillac, disappointing.

Reply to
Don Schmidt