thank you

i would like to say thank you to famous. I took my caddy to a master auto technician, he did a pressure text, everything is okay. he told me it was probably an air pocket in the cooling system somewhere(is that possible?) anyway, when i turn on my heater, my car no longer warns me that the engine coolant is hot

Reply to
meanmeana2424

Hello Meana:

I am glad to assist you in resolving your problem. Another poster in this thread suggested correctly that air pockets form sometimes after a coolant/heating system service and can cause your safety light to come on.

I had a problem about six months ago with the "check coolant level" message coming on. I filled the coolant tank with fluid, and it would disappear after a day. There was no noticable fluid leak. A pressure check was conducted, and the technician found small holes in my lower radiator hose, and my 11-year radiator had corroded. I had my shop replace the hose, thermostat, and radiator. Now my car runs great, and the fear of my engine overheating is not longer there.

Peace,

Famous

Reply to
famous21

Hello Meana:

I wrote a message of acknowledgent earlier today and it did not post. I am not sure why......Oh well.

Anyway, I am glad I could assist you in your decision. Have a good, safe holiday weekend.

Peace,

Famous

Reply to
famous21