Mike Satur - A big thank you.

Last week the zip on my 1997 MGF rear window broke, the metal zipper that opens and closes the zip broke in two.

As it was during that warm spell it wasn't so bad but I had to leave the car for two days with the rear window open, I was working away from home.

Last Friday I called Mike Satur, I only live 35 miles from them and needed to get the car sorted, at this time of year rain is always on the cards and I was also away again so the car would be outside a hotel for most of the week.

A quick phone call to check they'd got a new rear and I was off to Rotherham. When I got there he had a look at the car, to check the hood, two types of hood, and the zip, two types of zip for each hood type.

He then offered me three choices.

  1. Sell me a recovered zip for £10, I could either replace the complete zip, no time to get that done, or take the metal zipper off and fit it to my existing zip. Great, fixed for a tenner!

  1. Buy a new replacement rear, no delivery charge as I was there.

  2. Buy one of the second hand rear screen that he'd recovered from damaged hoods or hoods that he'd replaced with the glass rear screen version that he sells.

I was tempted by the first option, quick, easy and cheap, however, my rear screen had a couple of small cracks in it and the coming winter would probably finish it off so I opted for a second hand screen.

One was fetched and to be honest it looked like new, even better it was mine for £50, less than a third of the cost of a new one.

Was I happy? I certainly was!

I drove home and it took 10 minutes to drill out pop rivets to remove the old screen and another 20 minutes to install and rivet the 'new' screen in place, easy!

I can now see out of the back again, my old screen was worse than I thought!

A big thanks to Mike, a company that deserves to do well.

Reply to
Nick Mason