1967 Camaro Tire Size for front and back

I have a 1967 Camaro Stock rear end.

What is the largest tire & rim size (I want a 15") to put on the rear and front? Also what offsets or backspace? I am hoping a 15x7 or

15x8 would work? Many thanks!
Reply to
tmc

tmc wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have a '68 with 15X8's all around - backspace was 4 or 4.5.

Jim H

One word. Sweet!

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
tmc

With drums up front you have to use 15 x 8 w/ 3 - 7/16" BS. The wheels inner rim will strike the outer tie rod end. For the rear, the 4.5" BS will work fine. Before you order your wheels measure everything 3 times to make sure you don't end up with a set of wheels that you can't use.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Newly updated

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

Hi Ron,

I have disc up fr>>

Reply to
tmc

You'll have to pull the wheels off and measure the distance from the rotor where the wheel bolts on out from center in a 14" to 16" circle and measure the distances that a wire, tape measure, etc. hits any components. Make sure that you allow for suspension compression and the wheel wells.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird