Acceptable Tire Size

What is the largest tire that can be installed on a stock '02 WJ?

What about if the WJ gets a 1..5-2.0 inch coil spring lift?

Thanks

Reply to
Billy Ray

"Billy Ray" wrote: "What is the largest tire that can be installed on a stock '02 WJ? What about if the WJ gets a 1..5-2.0 inch coil spring lift?"

Tire rack states OEM size was 15 inch but can go to a 255/55/18. Any tire size will throw the xpeedodmeter off so it may have to be recalibrated.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

You can fit 31" tires (265/70R16) with a 2" spacer lift:

Steve http://xjeep/dyndns.org

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Steve

The standard tires are 225/75x16s with an factory alternate of 245-70x16. Those tires, however, are the same height Your suggestion, in 16", of

255-55x16 is also the same height (29.3")

Being a middle-aged, mid-westerner I am not interested in making my Grand look like a West Coast Ricer or So-Cal Low-rider.

I don't mean to get larger rims, I wanted to know what taller tires would fit properly inside the fenders at the stock suspension height and also if the WJ gets a 1.5-2.0 inch coil lift.

I understand I would may want to have the dealership recalibrate the speedometer.

Reply to
Billy Ray