1989 IROC

I have a 1989 IROC and it was purchased with a crane

2030 cam, aluminum heads and stainless exhaust. It also has the lingenfelter/accell intake and ported throttle body.

It just seems slow to me. Someone told me I needed to turn up the fuel pressure, but how do I do this?

is there a device to put on the car to tell me how much fuel pressure I have?

Reply to
Five

You need a fuel pressure regulator...... What size injectors do you have? Do you have an aftermarket Mass-air meter?

Reply to
John King

Yes everything is aftermarket, i believe the injectors are 30's..the throttle body is ported and polished i believe at 58mm. I believe the fuel presure regulator is adjustable (it has a screw on it) I just don't know how much to adjust it.

Reply to
Five

Look at the fuel rail on the passenger side at the rear. May be difficult to see. You should see a bleeder. You relace that with the fuel regulator.

also, make sure your injectors aren't too big. 22 lbs is all you need. A common problem is that guys put in 30 lb injectors which kills performance.

Also check the PROM used for your car (chip). If you are using the stock chip, that could be the problem.

Lastly, your car made around 230 HP when it was new. You can't expect miracles and still pass smog. Also find a good engine builder to see iif you are "Over-camming" it. That is another common problem.

Reply to
James Alio