2002 Z28 headlamps

How the hell do you turn them off? Mine go on automatically and so far the only way to turn them off is to shut the engine off.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

There is a sensor on the dashboard at the base of the windshield. If you have anything sitting on the dashboard covering the sensor, your lights will be on all the time.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

That works. In the daytime the DLR's are on. Is there a way to shut off the headlamps at night? On my Cavalier I can by pulling the parking brake.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Check your owners manual. On my '01 Tahoe I can overide the automatic headlights by pressing the dome light overide button on and off three times.

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

This worked for me. DRLs suck, but auto headlights suck even more.

About halfway down the page.

Reply to
John C.

Well, well. It says the emergency brake kills the DLR's. Not on my 2002. I'll look at the owner's manual again...

Thanks,

Al

Reply to
Big Al