’89 RS blown intake gasket..where can I get one?

Well, it?s definate, its an intake gasket instead of a head gasket. Now, where can I find one? It looks like they?re sold in a rebuild kit only. Am I missing something?

Reply to
HotRod53

Have you tried anyone of the major auto part chain stores? Parts America - FelPro part # MS93020 2.8L intake gasket kit $22.96

...Ron

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

"RSCamaro1" wrote: > On 1 Mar 2005 18:56:28 -0500, HotRod53 Used Cars > Forums - AutoForumz.com> wrote: > > >Well, it?s definate, its an intake gasket instead of a head > gasket. > >Now, where can I find one? It looks like they?re sold in a > rebuild kit > >only. Am I missing something? > > Have you tried anyone of the major auto part chain stores? > Parts America - FelPro part # MS93020 2.8L intake gasket kit > $22.96 > > ...Ron > >

I was originally told that I could only buy a complete rebuild gasket set, that was obviously not the case. I got the gaskets that I needed at Advanced Auto and I?m ready to put it back together once everything is cleaned up. Would you use gasket sealer or put it in dry as was done at the factory? I guess I have to pull all of the push rods to get this thing back in too.

Reply to
HotRod53

I always use a gasket sealer on intake gaskets. Indian Head or Permatex always has done the trick for me, though it can be a pain to clean if you have to do it again in the future. Don't spare the silicone on the ends either, you can always cut off the extra after it sets up. You shouldn't have to pull the pushrods out to get the intake in, maybe the valve covers :-( ? but I wouldn't think the pushrods themselves. Ah, what the hell do I know, I never had a V-6 to play around with.

...Ron