heater/ac control malfunction

The slider handle for heat/cold control is broken off. Can just this portion of the controller be replaced or does the whole unit need to be replaced. Where would I find such parts? Anyone ?

Reply to
fcomenda

Which one of the 35 years that the car was made do you have? Just go to one of the resto warehouses and buy a replacement.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Reply to
fcomenda

I'll take a look in the garage. I know I have a loose one around somewhere.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

I found an extra one laying around and if it is for a 68'/69' I'm afraid you're out of luck. All of the pivot points are sort of riveted and it doesn't look like they ever wanted you to take it apart. You'll have to get a repop or a used one.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

If it's the bottom one, they make a repair kit (Year One and others).

Reply to
JimV