insurance question

I have a 98 camaro ok. V6 nothing special. Ok, for somebody that's turning

18 in march, never had his licence before but getting it when he turns 18, and i'm going to get insured for the camaro, ................ how much would you think they would charge every 6 months ?
Reply to
Larry Durst

The person insuring it for the teenager's driving record,

The zip code where the car will be stored, if it's garaged or parked on the street or in a driveway will play a large part in determining that.

They will know it's a six cylinder by the vin number, but they'll ask you if it has passive restraints, even though the vin tells them that, if it's a convertable, the rate will be higher. Aluminum wheels, tack on a few more bucks.

I hope this is somewhat informative?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Yea that help, I was mainly trying to figure out why they are charging so much. Its under my mom's name and she's only 32 and she doest have a single record of wrecks or speeding. It's going to be 1200 every six months. Sound about right or way high?

Reply to
Larry Durst

That's about right Larry. Despite your mother's excellent record, male drivers under the age of 25 take a tremendous hit when it comes to insurance rates. They are factoring in YOUR age as well as her age and driving record. And, the V6 Camaro may not be as powerful as the V8, but it is still considered a "high performance vehicle" (and rightly so) by insurance companies.

My suggestion to you is keep a good driving record. It's simply a hell of a lot easier to go the speed limit than to pay speeding fines, court fees, insurance rate increases, etc....

Good Luck! (perhaps you can get a good quote from lowermybills.com)

GLK9MM

Yeah thats about right I am 21 no wrecks with a 91 v6 I pay 186 each month here in TX and while I was in Cali I paid $225 each month(well i was supposed to) that's for full coverage.

hope this helps J

Reply to
Jason E

when I was 16 I had a 89 Camaro(in 1995) it was a v-6 Camaro and My insurance was 92 a month. now I have a 92 camaro Im 24 and my insurance is

Reply to
Jamie