looking for door panel backing 81 Z28

Does anybody have or know where I can get Door Panel backing (left & right side) for a 1981 Z28? Also need inner door window felts(fuzzies). The parts store I've been dealing with(ClassicMuscle in Winston-Salem) told me no one manufactures these parts anymore. Any help appreciated, Thanks, Marty

Reply to
Marty

Marty,

Try calling "NPD" (National Parts Depot) Ask for their catalog.....they have 4 different warehouse locations,

CA, 1-800-235-3445 MI " 521-6104 NC " 368-6451 FL " 874-7595

Are the "fuzzies" cadium plated l brackets with felt glued to them?

3 per side? NPD # C-14691-52B 11.95 EA. page 104 upper left.

Water,Door Panelshield pg.17 Cellulose 2 ea, 18.50 (Original style ,like black wax paper) Mylar 2 ea 11.95 ( Flexible Plastic)

Hope this helps...........Stan Current fleet:

78 Caddy 78 TA 81Z28 84 TA 95 Firebird
Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Dam Stan! You da Man! Thanks, Marty

Reply to
Marty

No problem Marty....glad to be of an assist, Drop me a line if ya got any more ?

I'm very familiar with these cars.

Later...............S

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Reply to
Marty

PDL.....

Check to see if you have power going to the switch....if thats good....

check to see if power is at the soloniod... push the button and hold while checking the solonoid

drastic measures......run a sererate hot and neg. from battery and touch ( the hot lead) to a soloniod terminal to see if works while gounding the soliond with the neg.

(you should at least hear some kind of noise.)

CAUTION.....it may spark and scare ya....wear gloves so you don't get cut.

The inner edges of the door are sharp....

Let me know if it works..........Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Reply to
Marty

I think it's orange w/ a black tracer....( NOTE: I'm looking at the PDL from my 78 TA , the Z doesn't have that option)

There is also a blue w/black tracer and a black w/ yellow tracer ( and 2 black w/white tracers grounding to the door)

Try using a "hot wire" to jump to the orange momentarily...then try the switch to see if it works......

You could also try touching the "hot " to the blue or black w/yellow to see if the solenoid reacts...

one should lock it....the other should un-lock it.

If it works.....track down the reason for the loss of power at the switch...

Let me know what ya find........Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Want to move this to e-mail?