Rear Sway bar on a '73, anybody add one?

My '73 Camaro doesn't have a factory rear sway bar. Can anyone comment on whether it would be worth installing one?

Has anyone upgraded the front sway bar to a thicker bar and can comment on whether that is worth it? Thanks, Darrel

_ (( \\ )) //.--. |\_/| | `'..' a a( \ \ \ =_Y/= / | / /`"` > /` --<

Reply to
Darrel Doehr

Suspension enhancements are always in your favor as a good thing to do. Think about polyurethane bushings while you thinking about the front/rear sway bar upgrade, maybe even a set of frame connectors.

These things tend to really stiffen up the ride, so if you like a softer ride then the suspension upgrade may not be for you but bringing the suspension back to factory is definitely worth the cost.

33 years in existence has its effects on the old rubber components.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Ron, did you ever use them? Did they squeak?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I certainly do. I put polyurethane bushings in all of my pony cars. The first set I did had some slight squeaking. None of the ones since have squeaked since now I use either a neversieze or silicone lubricant when installing them. I hear that graphite lubricant also does the trick. Most of my cars I really couldn't hear if they were squeaking or not mainly caused by the exhaust note.

...Ron