Rear sway bar brackets

I have a rear sway bar from a Hawk that I want to install on my 53 coupe.But I am missing the two brackets that go around the rubber bushing and bolt to the frame. I have checked a couple venders but no luck. anyone on the NG have a pair they would sell ? Also is there a vender that sells the sway bar bushings in polyurethane. Thanks

Reply to
Jerry

Have you tried Dave Thibeault? HE may be able to help; he sells larger-than-stock sway bars and his kits use poly bushings. I don't see why you couldn't use one of the adapter plates that he sells to use standard poly bushings of the correct size for the stock bars. (try Energy Suspension for those.) I think I bought the rest of the bushings for my stock rear bar from Dave as well. I don't know if he'll be able to supply the stock metal pieces if you want rubber bushings but it's worth a phone call.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Summit Racing has urethane bushings and brackets that I believe will work for you. Thy are very similar to the Studebaker part you are searching for. Located on page 217 of their latest catalogue. No part number listed. just descriptions and pics. I instaled a rear stabilizer on a Hawk years ago and ordered bushings from Summit. I didn't use them as the original bushings looked fine. The bushings and brackets, retainer, or whatever you want to call them from Summit would have been a shoe in. They are available for most diameter bars, and as an option you can have the type with grease fittings. A pair for less than 20.00 with shipping included. On another note, my rear stabilizer bar came from a 55 4-door President. To bolt up to my 63 Hawk required the use of the earlier Hawk spring plates. 62 and earlier. There were also spacers between the frame to bushing mounting points. You may have to make 'em up If you don't have them. A catalogue from Summit is available by calling 1-800-230-3030. Most of their parts are on-line also. If you need some more info call me at 304-723-5253. I can return your call cause I have unlimited long distance calling. I'd be glad to talk with you about your project. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

Thanks Nate Ill give him a call.

Reply to
Jerry

I think I have a Summit catalog some place around here Ill check it out Thanks

Reply to
Jerry

Summit has 69 pages of Addco sway bar stuff on the net at:

If you go to the Addco site, you can download their catalog and find what you may need.
search for it on the Summit site....or call them.Jeff

"Jerry" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Now that I think about it the adapter plate is only used on Lark types, you might get away with just making a flat plate of steel to be a backing for the urethane bushings. only other thing you'd need would be bolts of the correct size to put it all together and then the rubber bushings for the links, which are available. If you are missing the sleeves for the rubber bushings Dave Thibeault has those as well (I was missing one when I added the sway bar to my '55.)

nate

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
N8N

I looked up sway bar Brackets on Ebay and came up with some interesting listings.... Like:

"N8N" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
Robert Black

Thanks for all the suggestions I ordered from T Bow I should have every thing I need in a few days.

Reply to
Jerry