Simple Camaro question

I have an '88 Firebird and all of the fenders, doors and hood are metal. A friend of mine thinks the Camaro has some fibreglass, like the hood. Is this true?

Reply to
tbil999

The 4th generation Camaros as I understand it have some non-metalic body parts. But 3rd generation unless I have missed something on my 89 have only metal core body parts. The nose and body accents are non-metalic, but the doors, hood and other primary body parts are metal, thin though they may be.

Cy Welch

89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI 98 Passport 03 Malibu

snipped-for-privacy@nocomment.com wrote:

Reply to
Cy Welch

An Ex-girlfriend had a new 82 Z (stock) with the cross ram injection set up and the cold air induction. That hood WAS fiberglass from GM, I don't know if the 83/84 had them or not.

Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

So maybe the higher-end Camaros of that time had fibreglass hoods.

Reply to
tbil999

i have a 93 Z28 LT1 Camaro and just recently i put new spark plugs in, now the manual says to gap the plugs at .050 so i did and it wouldnt start so i went online and found out that it is .035. now the car runs but it backfires and im not sure what else i can do, and when it backfires its when i accelerate hard and when i let off on the gas sometimes,

Reply to
RegZ28LT1

There should be a sticker on the panel above the radiator that tells what the spark plug gap should be. For my '96 with platinum tiped plugs, the gap is .50. If you don't have platinum plugs then .35 is probably right.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

the opti checked out just last night i got a ses light so i did a diognostic and the code was 32.it says theres a problem with the egr

Reply to
RegZ28LT1

well i changed my oxygen sensors and still like the car runs smooth above

1000 rpm but when at a dead stand still it bogs out and backfires.. its not making sense~~~
Reply to
RegZ28LT1

Try resetting idle to about 800 rpm, that should "theoretically" smooth it out...then lower it SLOWLY until she's running where you shink it should be..usualy around 600-650 (if I remember right) is about as low as you'll want it to be.

If you've got a carburetor, make sure that you tear down the choke assembly and clean up any schutz which might be in there as well...if you're running injection...well...uhmmm...yer on yer own! ;)

Reply to
ElectroPig