02 S-10 Ashtray

'02 S-10 Extended Cab

I went around and around with the service dept at Fisher over this. One of my guys broke the little plastic clips that hold the ashtray assembly in place in my S-10 service vehicle. I asked the svc dept to order the clips and fix it one of the times I had the truck in for service. They said they kept getting the wrong part, but if I wanted to buy the enitre ashtray assembly they thought the plastic clips came with it.

Anybody know if the plastic parts that clip on the sides of the ashtray assembly and then connect the whole thing into the dash are available seperately and if so what the part number(s) is/are?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Why not check your local junkyard. Those clips are pretty much generic for all ashtrays if you just need the clips.

Reply to
Jon

My ashtray holds pencils. I'd use the cupholder with a mug in it if my ashtray broke.

J> Why not check your local junkyard. Those clips are pretty much generic for

Reply to
nonsense

I don't even use tyhe ashtray for that. I just need to have it open to plug in laptop or cell phone cords to the cig lighter socket. Its dangling by the wires right now and that is highly irritating.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have considered that, and will follow up on that as option if I can't get new ones.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Do you have another chev or gmc dealer in your area with a partsman that knows what he's doing?

Reply to
ScottM

Doh! I shoulda thought of that. Yes there is a GM dealer just down the street and in the past I always felt that I got better service at their parts counter. I just got out of the habit of going there because GM no longer allows cross line service under warranty, and I don't like the GM dealers auto sales upfront.

This isn't warranty (I'm even trying to get it covered under warranty since my guy broke it.) so I can go anyplace I want. Again I say.... DOH!

-- Bob La Londe The guy who decides who we do business with.

The Security Consultant PO Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax

Contractors License Numbers ROC103040 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe