'02 S-10 Battery Question

The battery on my 02 S-10 has some kind of foam around it. Can anyone tell my why and do I need to replace it when replacing the battery?

-- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

It supposed to help insolate the battery from heat. It usually is reusable if you go with the same size battery ie replace a group size 75 with another group size 75. You can leave it off. If you go to the optional group size 78, you'll have no choice but leave it off. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning