03 S10 Compartment Question

Alright, I just got a 2003 Chevy S10. In the overhead compartment their is a part to put a garage opener. On the outside, their is a simple plastic button that pushes up and when you push it up, it hits the opener and opens the garage door. On my compartment, the distance between the opener and button is too far away. It looks like their may be pieces that go on the inside of the button, so it reaches the garage opener. It's kind of hard to describe, but I'm looking to get the pieces, or any ideas what I can do, so I can get my garage opener off the sun shade and into the compartment. Thanks.

Reply to
Brad

How about something simple like taping some pennies on the opener to make up for the gap?

Reply to
Andy & Carol

There should be some black plastic extensions inside the compartment. They are stuck on a couple of posts and extend the buttons reach. If yours are missing a junk yard would have them.

Reply to
Steve W.