04' Silverado Remote Start

Looking at the possibilty of buying and installing a Remote Start for my '04 Silverado Z71. What are some Pros/Cons? Does one suggest certain brands(pros/cons)?? any information would be helpful Thanks!!

Reply to
Brandon Herlein

I love my arctic start 2 way. Never let me down so far after 3 years. My last car had Viper by DEI and it was good too.

My biggest word of advice is to be very cautious of the shop you get it installed at! Try to find a place that has plenty experience doing it and makes good connections that aren't going to pull apart and possibly cause short circuits, etc. My last car with the viper--they mounted the alarm on the rad and eventually the vibrations wore a hole in it and caused the demise of my engine! I obviously knew it was mounted there though so I can't really blame them entirely and they paid for part of the damage to the radiator itself but perhaps if they had more skills they would have mounted it on the firewall or somewhere better.

Look for long range if you are going to be using it in the city - in real world it never goes as far as they say it does. Two way is sweet because if you cannot see your vehicle and the range is questionable then you still know whether it got the signal for it to start or if you should try again.

1 way systems if you tried again it usually just shuts off the engine if it did start the first time.

If the truck has special security features which it likely does, then you'll be needing a spare key that gets installed in a box under the dash and this just adds to the installation cost.

Reply to
JD