1990 Chevrolet S-10 will not start

I had just started my truck when it went a few feet....then died. I tried to re start it but nothing. I was low on fuel, so I thought I just ran out of gas. I poured 5 gallons if gas into the tank, then tried again. Nothing. I then primed the carbreator .....still nothing.

I think that I may have flooded the carbreator, so I kept the gas pedal floored while trying to start......nothing.

I ran the battery down, so I bought a new battery since someone told me that a bad battery could keep it from starting.........and the battery was five years old anyway.

The past few months, sometimes while driving my engine would act as if it was in labor. I thought that my fuel filter was needing replacing but my engine would not start when I was priming the carburetor.

Any help/suggestions wold be appreciated!

I.I.

Reply to
gallantman45

About a month ago, my 2001, S10, LS, 54,000 miles (approximaely - I'll have to look at the paperwork for the precise mileage) kept 'acting funny'. It started but then "just died". First there was a lack of water in the so-called "maintenance free" (lie!) battery. A co-worker added water. I called the dealership, took the truck down there. They checked the battery and said the lack of water in the battery caused the "charging" dial to show less than a full charge. The guy said it would charge back up when driving it. WRONG! It did not! I had to have it towed when it died! The gage continued to go toward the 'no charge' end of the meter. So the problem wasn't the battery! It WAS the alternator! Total cost including $45 tow truck was nearly $600! Of course the 'GM Certified Used Vehicle Warranty' on the then 36,000 truck did NOT cover it! Their so-called maintenance, bumper to bumper warranty covered nothing beyond 30 days! WATCH THOSE WARRANTIES! GM's so-called "certifieds" are less than you get with a $10 toaster! The UCC (Uniform Commericial Code) REQUIRES a 90-Day WARRANTY! Do not allow GM (CHEVY) to keep CHEATING PEOPLE! Pass the word! GM's Chevrolet Warranties aren't worth a warm spoon full of spit!

Check the alternator! They're expensive!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Helen