Fuel Pump?

The engine will sometime die in my 96 Chevy truck while cruising down the highway. It will only start back up if I turn the key off and back on again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
Roy Rouser

It could be anything, but doubtful it is the fuelpump. If you really suspect the fuel pump, purchase a fuel pressure gauge (Sears has them at a reasonable price). Keep it connected to the test port and run the line out from under the hood at the cowl so you can see it from the drivers seat.

When it dies, see if 'low' or 'no' pressure caused the stall.

James

Reply to
James1549