1991 K1500 Hard Starting

I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 with a 350 V8 that has become very hard to start after it has sat idle for a few days. The engine will crank over fine but it just does not fire. It seems that if I pump the accelerater enough it will eventually fire but will then be very rich for a few minutes. Once the truck starts it will continue to start fine untill it sits for another day or so.

Anyone have an idea where I should start with this problem?

Thanks in advance, Mark

Reply to
Mark

Fuel injectors leaking? After it sits for a few days, yank a plug and giver her a whiff. If it's wet and smells like gas the injectors are leaking.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"