1991 Lumina 3.1L hard starting hot

I have a 1991 Lumina Euro 3.1 that starts and runs great when it's cold. If you warm it up and shut it off for

5+ minutes, then it will crank over and try to start but stall. Does this about 3 times before it finally starts and the RPMs go up to 2000 for a few seconds before slowly settling back down.

If you shut the car off and immediately start it back up it starts fine. It also runs fine all the time once it starts. Not sure how long it needs to sit, but once it sits overnight it always starts right up the next day.

Any ideas? It's giving no service codes(none that I can get anyway). Thanks in advance.

Chris

Reply to
chrisgs77

If you warm it up and shut it off for

up to 2000 for a few seconds before slowly settling back down.

It also runs fine all the time once it starts.

starts right up the next day.

Reply to
Dave J and Lynne J Shepherd

If you warm it up and shut it off for

up to 2000 for a few seconds before slowly settling back down.

It also runs fine all the time once it starts.

starts right up the next day.

Reply to
Bobo

Thanks for the replies. I had done some research and came across this as well, but didn't understand why. Makes sense now. Unfortunately, I do not have a guage and connector. Can I disconnect the vacuum line and check for leakage(as Dave suggested)? Is it a big job to replace the regulator?

Thanks again

Chris

Reply to
chrisgs77

I pulled the vacuum line after warming it up and shutting if off. After about a minute, fuel started to drip. Sounds like it's the pressure regulator.

Thanks again for the help!

Chris

Reply to
chrisgs77