1994 S10 fuel pump problem

Where is the fuel pump relay located on the 1994 Chevy S10? My book says it is in the glove box, but it is not there. The book also says that it is under the dash center console, but it is not there either. I purchased a new relay because the fuel pump is ok. I hooked a jumper wire to the test terminal, and it runs and has good pressure. When the engine is cold I can connect the jumper wire to power and the engine starts. The check engine light comes on briefly,and it starts up. I disconect the jumper wire and it stays running. When I shut it off it will not start again. Must be the relay. Thanks

Reply to
tosajohn

check near the master cylinder on the fire wall. Key it on-should click(unless....)jp

Reply to
blazerman

also..I appologize for not reading the whole story but...if you had or have an ses lite on, you ought to check that out too. jp

Reply to
blazerman

Thank you sir, I found the relay where you said to look! I will now install it an hope it starts without the jumper wire.

Reply to
tosajohn

you're welcome-glad to help and hear back that I helped!jp

Reply to
blazerman