1998 Blazer LT steering wheel audio controls

I recently got a used 1998 Blazer LT, i've seen 1999 Blazers with audio controls on the steering wheel... and frankly, i'm jealous. I want this feature, since there's really no difference between years of this vehicle, would be it be easy to swap the steering wheel and connect the controls to the stereo? I've searched but not found anything helpful, if anyone knows how or if it's feasable to do such a thing please let me know, even an aftermarket steering wheel, i just want those controls and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard, but i don't want to set off the air bag trying to find out if it's even possible. thanks.

Reply to
666fox

In my '96 Bonneville, there are wires running from the stereo right to those controls in the wheel, and I doubt it would be fun trying to wire up your Blazer if it didn't come with that feature. On the other hand, I have seen some aftermarket CD decks advertised that have a remote control, that attaches to the steering wheel. It's not a normal remote control either. It is made to look like it is built into the steering wheel. If I can find a link for one, I will post it.

Reply to
80 Knight