2002 Accord Steering Wheel Audio Controls

The volume "down" button is intermittent - needs to be pressed in just the right way to work - "up" is fine. I am going to have a go at it tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone had previous experience/advice with said control.

I have not really used the steering wheel audio controls at all until just lately - hard to break the habit of, ahem, "reaching for the knob".

TIA

PS - Details:

2002 Accord 4cyl, 5speed, Ohio build 54,000 pampered km Firepepper Red, grey leather Probably around $7.75 CAD in change in various cubbies/nooks/crannies Steering mounted volume "Down" button pressed ~ 225 times OEM trunk tray