2000 S10:Removing A Steering Wheel

I am trying to replace a badly decomposed steering wheel. Stripped out one of the bolt hole s while trying to remove the weheel. I plan to resort to a gear puller, but would like some wisdom on this. Could use some help.

I am too poor to pay some one to do it. I am trying to get by with very little.

Reply to
Calder

Most likely you used the wrong threaded bolts with the puller, their metric that year. Get a tap, 5/16 coarse thread, and rethread the holes. Don't use cheap bolts, and make sure the treaded portion is long enough, you want at least 3/4 of threaded bolt in the holes. Trying to use a gear puller will just mess up the column housing.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning