Salvage value of 95 Astro 4.3 that dirives?

My Astro spun out and hit a guardrail on the right front and rear corners and has been totaled. It is an LT with 8-passenger seating, dual air and

133k miles. It still runs great and EVERYTHING works mechanically except the rear doors. I drove it home after the accident and it still runs.

??? How much could I get selling it outright for salvage or part it out? I'm in Tampa.

Reply to
Larry Ruch

Wrecking yards in your neck of the woods are like everything else in the Tampa bay area, cheap, cheap, and cheaper yet when it comes to forking out money for anything. If your lucky maybe $500 from a wrecking yard, assuming clean title and you deliver it. Not much better trying to part it out, You might be able to sell the engine through paper ad for $200 tops if you can sit on it for awhile, and maybe get $125 out of the tranny. Pick n pull will sell the tranny for $125, the engine for $250, $50 for the radiator, same for the compressor for the AC. Alt and starter are $25 items AC condenser $20. Perhaps Big 3 Trucks over in Clearwater might do a bit better. Copher stinks, and they crush too fast (what better way for ford to increase car sales then eliminate used parts ) The insurance totaled it because of age, its 12 years old. That doesn't mean its not worth fixing unless you really really tore it up. Ya gotta be careful on that kamikaze causeway, and the Frankenstein can still be a monster, malfunction junction is getting better, at least east bound, west bound is still accident central, even the Handy Dandy Gandy can bite you. Your other option is find a good body with bad drive train and transplant.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Insurance agent said $580 for salvage value. I'm gonna let them take it for the whole $$ amount settlement and not worry about finding happy homes for the parts. White.Lightning knows the Tampa roads! The accident occurred at Fowler/75 when the roads were wet.

Reply to
lurch