2000 Sonoma heater fan mystery???

I have a 2000 Sonoma and the AC/heater fan stopped working on speed 1,2 and

3 while speed setting 4 continues to work. The AC compressor still works just no air on 1,2 & 3.

Can anyone offer a suggestion for a cause and cure?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Wilkinson

Resistor burnt out in the voltage reducing cluster in the heater pleum on the firewall. 2 screws hold it in. Passenger side.

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Thanks, I'll check it out. Passenger compartment or under the hood?

"Andy & Carol" wrote in news:H_Uyg.191998$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Reply to
David Wilkinson

Under the hood, passenger side, to the right of the blower motor, mounted on the pleum

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Thanks for the input. Turns out that one of the contacts on the connector on the resistor pack burned. Had to replace the resistor pack and the connector on the wiring harness.

"Andy & Carol" wrote in news:8tmzg.516849 $ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Reply to
David Wilkinson