2001 DRL replacement

How hard is it to replace one of these lights? I started to read the owners manual and it seemed to get real complicated real quick.

Reply to
msmap

Yes, the 1st Driving light replacement on my 2000

Silverado took 25 minutes.... 2nd one 7 minutes....

You must find the L arm rods to turn above the headlight...

Reach deep for DRL after the headlight is hanging...

& USE 2 small flat screw drives to pop the DRL

bulb out of its 'Double' Socket...... (Messy step)...

I now buy the long Life DRL bulbs to have half the hassles...

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

first time i changed one on my old 2000 z71 took forever, til a friend showed me that the drl assm. has 2 tabs that lets the entire housing pop out, just like the head light housing. now i have a 04 sierra, hope its as easy when the time comes

Reply to
Charles H.

You done good dropping the headlight. The parklight/drl housing is held in with one tab. It pops right out and the bulbs are easy to change.

Reply to
George

Reply to
msmap