2007 Silverados

Any change in the body style anticipated?

Mark

Reply to
LionsDen

Big-time changes are coming to both the exterior and interior of the 2007 Silverado:

The site below shows the WT/LT interior:

It appears that Silverado stylists have gone back 73 years to recreate the pontoon fenders, which premiered on the 1934 La Salle. It also looks like this was the first appearance of portholes in the front fenders, as the 1934 La Salle had 5 of them on each side. And I had always thought that the premier of the Ventiport was on the 1949 Buick. Now that there is a huge resurge in popularity of Buick's portholes, maybe Ventiports will become a styling cue on Silverados for the 2008 model year.

The bloated, retro-look of the front and rear fenders of the 2007 Silverado will take some getting used to:

So far, I have not seen the specifications on the rear brakes. I am hoping that the Silverado C1500 series trucks will once again have rear disc brakes.

My main interest is always the Work Truck, and I am somewhat disappointed in the instrument panel of the 2007 WT and LT models because the speedometer is incremented 0 - 20 - 40 - 60, as opposed to the customary 0 - 10 -20 - 30 -

40 readings used in the high-end models.

One recent Ford innovation -- Tailgate Assist? -- will be an option in the

2007 Silverado, but it will be called the "EZ Lift" tailgate. The EZ Lift is accomplished through the use of a torsion bar.

So far, I haven't found any pricing or financing information.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot