2nd post for this fluid change problem

I think I have to change all the fluids, i.e. transfer case, tranny, diff etc. The previous owner of my vehicle was a mechanic and he put all synthetic fluids in. How long should these last? I am an Industrial Electrician and work in a mechanical environment everyday. Should I attempt these fluid changes? Are the drain and fill plugs relatively easy access?

Thanks for any advice,

Blair

Reply to
Blair

Each type(oil,diff,trans,transfer) lasts a different mileage,google or go to the store and look on the bottle.And there all very simple to change,spend

15$ on the simpleton Chilton manual it will tell you how.

Reply to
D-farr

I would stick with the synthetics...2-3 times the cost for 2-4 times the life is a worth while investment when you also factor in less wear, cooler temps, longer part life, less friction so more available power and slightly better economy...

Reply to
Shades

Thanks again Shades.

Reply to
Blair

With all the help these Newsgroups have given me, it would be disrespectful to not help when I can.

Reply to
Shades

From almost all the articles in different magazines and TV shows I have seen , its better than slightly better economy and freed up power.One I remember was a full size Dodge,gained 24 hp 36 torque,cant remember the mileage.With full fluid change to synthetic.

Reply to