84 Jimmy Shimmy

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Quick question, longer explanation.

Start the 84 Jimmy (full size). Runs fine, nice flat idle. Reverse feels like it's slipping. (automatic TH350), drive takes off OK, but as I'm driving there's a weird loud hum and vibration that fades in and out as speed increases. Thought it might be u-joints, nope they're fine and tight. The sound can be heard through the floor near the tranny area. At times it feels and sounds like it's in neutral...Low fluid? Tranny going south? Torque converter crapping out?

I just bought this not too long ago and have yet to replace the tranny fluid, gasket and filter (new ones in the truck). Should I stop asking now, change it and if it persists, then come back? :))

Thanks guys (and gals).

Reply to
John Davis