'97 S-10 Window crank handles

Crap, my driver-side window crank handle, of my S-10 truck, broke off at the knob. How do you go about removing it?

Reply to
BugMan

ronlin

The clip that holds the handle on is made of spring steel, it is shaped something like a horseshoe and the open area is inline with the handle arm. As stated you can purchase a special tool for several dollars, they are cheap or you can use a shop rag or equivelant to place between the handle and door panel and pretend like you are shining shoes. This usually works in a pinch.

Reply to
Rod Williams

I forgot to tell you guys that I followed your help and was able to locate and buy the tool needed at AutoZone for $5. I got the window crank handle off and snagged the one from the passenger side until I can buy a new one from the dealer. I've got to say a big thanks to you guys for your quick response and help.

Reply to
BugMan